Monthly Exiled Lit Cafe: Monday 6th November 2017 at 7.30 pm Arts Across Borders On Stage.
Poetry: Abol Froushan, Afsaneh Gitiforouz, Alev Adil and Alemu Tebeje.
Theatre: Performance from ‘Evros: The Crossing River’ by Seemia Theatre plus discussion with the director and actors.
Music: Song and accordion by Grace.
Film: Clips from ‘Football Dream’ by Iranian film-maker Sohrab Kavir plus discussion.
Host: Abbas Faiz, human rights activist and poet.
Poetry Cafe, 22 Betterton Street, London WC2H 9BX (Nearest tube: Covent Garden or Leicester Square)
£5 entry/£3 EWI members and asylum seekers www.exiledwriters.co.uk
Exiled Writers Ink Free Poetry Competition
Kindly funded by the Bart Wolffe Legacy Fund to assist struggling refugee and migrant writers. Bart was a talented poet and writer from Zimbabwe.
Competition Judges: Poets: Alev Adil and Michael Zand Ahanchian
Exiled Writers Ink presents the free poetry competition for UK refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants.
First Prize £400 plus The Literary Consultancy’s free detailed report on the winner’s poetry collection.
Second Prize £200 plus a free course at the prestigious Poetry School.
Third Prize £100.
All prizes: Free membership of Exiled Writers Ink for a year.
Special awards event when the winners will recite their poetry.
· The competition is open to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants aged 18 or over and resident in the UK at the time of entering.
· The closing date of the competition is midnight 15th December 2017.
· Personal details: full name, address, e-mail address and telephone number and a short paragraph about yourself must be written in the body of the e-mail, not on the poems. The poet’s name must not appear on the poems.
· Use one page for each poem and include the titles. All poems must have a title and must not exceed 40 lines in length.
· Entries must not have been previously published.
· Entries must be in English and can be in translation.
· Entries are free. Each participant must send 3 poems.
· The copyright of each poem remains with the author.
· Poems must sent by e-mail attachment to Amir Darwish of Exiled Writers Ink: firstname.lastname@example.org
· No alterations can be made to poems once entered.
· The judges’ decision is final. All entries will be judged anonymously.