From Ministry of Stories:
Are you from a refugee or migrant background? Would you like to help young people create new poems, songs and stories? We’re looking to recruit volunteer writing mentors to support young people to explore tales of identity, exile and migration in their writing. You don’t need to be a good speller or an expert writer, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic, good listeners, supportive and patient.
ABOUT THE PROJECT: Migration Tales
Who: When: Where: 12 – 15 year old writers from Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets. 19 – 23rd August, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Ministry of Stories, 159 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6PJ
All our writing mentors receive training and ongoing support. For this project, we will be running training on Friday 28th June 10.00 – 17.00, and Saturday 20th July 10:00 – 17:00.
Travel expenses within London and lunch can be covered for the training and volunteering days.
To find out more, p lease email Laila Sumpton at: firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know:
1. Why you are interested in volunteering?
2. Whether you can attend the training day on 28 June or 20th July?
3. Whether you can attend at least three of the following volunteering sessions:
● Monday 19 August 13:45 – 17:00
● Tuesday 20 August 13:45 – 17:00
● Wednesday 21 August 13:45 – 17:00
● Thursday 22 August 13:45 – 17:00
● Friday 23rd August 13:45 – 17:00
All work from the project will be published and shared during the 2020 Refugee Week. Find out more about the Ministry of Stories at www.ministryofstories.org