Migration Network North West event
At this Migration Network event the aim is to bring together people from museums, cultural and academic organisations working on migration and related themes to share best practice and learn from each other.
This online event will be a mixture of case studies, discussion groups and networking opportunities.
Full details and booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/migration-network-north-west-event-tickets-121177267469
The four case studies will be:
– The National Trust’s Colonial Countrysides project at Speke Hall
– The Museum of Liverpool’s community outreach of The Secret Life of Pembroke Place
– The Peoples’ History Museum in Manchester’s migration season programming
– The Migration Museum’s digital public engagement for Heart of the Nation
Afternoon facilitated discussion groups will cover:
– working with asylum seekers and refugees
– anti-racism commitments in your workplace
– how to engage with schools on these themes
– the process of co-developing a long term collection display on migration
Please note that these discussion group topics are subject to confirmation.
This event is open to all but most relevant for those working across the North-West region. We understand that it may be a challenge to commit to a whole day event online (albeit with generous breaks!) and appreciate that participants might need to drop in and out during the day. So please sign up for this event and join us for the sessions that you are able to.