The Dying Matters Community Grants Programme is a new fund from Hospice UK, supported by Dignity Funerals
The grants are aimed at community-led arts and culture projects, with a focus on equality and inclusion, and which approach the subject of dying in an innovative or creative way. They are looking for activities which take place in communities, outside of formal healthcare settings, which help make it easier for people to talk about death and dying.
They welcome applications from community arts and culture groups, as well as organisations who want to use arts or culture to engage their service users or audience. Applicants will need to:
- Demonstrate that they reach defined groups who are less likely to be reached by hospice care and the Dying Matters campaign (see FAQs for more information)
- Demonstrate how a proposed project will approach the subject of death in an innovative and culturally relevant way through arts and culture.
- Be a registered charity, a Charitable Incorporate Organisation (CIO) or Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Commit to providing a statement of use of funds, relevant monitoring and evaluation feedback, and communications and campaigns collateral (photos, video, etc)
You can apply for:
- Small workshop grants up to £999
- Project grants between £1,000 and £5,000
Deadline for submissions: 21 February 2022
Full details: https://www.hospiceuk.org/dying-matters-community-grants-programme